Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts
On behalf of the Scientific Committee ISEE 2021 / 33rd Annual Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology, we would like to thank you for submitting your work for presentation. The online submission and evaluation process will be administered by the conference organizing secretariat.
Late-Breaking Abstract submission is opened on May 7th, 2021 for only e-poster presentation submission.
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline has been extended to June 10th, 2021, Thursday by 23:59 EDT (US Eastern Day Time / GMT-4)
The deadline on the online submission system is seen as June 11, 2021, 06:59, since the system servers are located at GMT+3 time zone. Please make sure to check your time difference to determine the submission deadline according to your local time.
Submit Your Late- Breaking Abstract Now!
Please take a moment to read the below guidelines before submitting your abstract:
Abstract Submission Guideline
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail will not be included in the abstract assessment process.
- Use acronyms only when necessary and define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
- Always make sure to check the final abstract with the system's preview function before submission, and edit or replace as necessary. It is the author's responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The submitting and presenting authors are required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before the submission.
- Only the abstracts of presenting authors who have paid their registration fees by the early registration deadline (June 18, 2021) will be included in the Scientific Program, in the PDF abstract book and the ISEE 2021 Supplement issue of the Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) Journal.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the EHP Journal as they are submitted in the abstract submission system. Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- Topic/Sub-Topic:A main topic and a sub-topic that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during Step 1 of the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the topics during the abstract assessment process.
The topics and subtopics for ISEE 2021 are listed on the conference website. Please click HERE for reviewing the topics/sub-topics before proceeding with the submission process.
- Presentation type: Late-breaking abstracts' submitters can select only e-poster presentation type.
- The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the requirements of the scientific program.
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the "department" and "institution" names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. Please include the City and Country for each institution. (For US, please make sure to enter the country information after the state name).
The institution, city and country should be written in lower case while the initials of each word are written in capitals.
Enter each affiliation only once: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 3 of whom are from same affiliation and 2 of whom are from another, you will have 2 institutions, NOT 5. However, if there are 2 or more departments at the same institution represented, they can be entered separately.
If any of the authors have more than one affiliation, enter both affiliations in a compounded style as one affiliation: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 2 of whom are from same affiliation (Institute A), 2 of whom are from another (Institute B), and 1 of whom is from both affiliations (Institutes A and B), you will have 3 institutions, NOT 5 or NOT 2. (First institution: Institute A, second one: Institute B and the third one: Institute A & Institute B). Include the City and Country for each affiliation.
- Author(s):First, middle and last names of all the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. Please pay attention to match the institutions to the right authors, and make sure that you select the “presenting author” correctly.
Note: The system allows 25 co-authors. In case you do have more co-authors please contact Conference Organizing Secretariat at email@example.com to include your full list of co-authors.
- Presenting Author Information: Please enter the presenting author’s contact information.
- Abstract Title:Abstract title can contain a maximum of 20 words.
- Abstract Text: Abstract text should not exceed 300 words. The title of the abstract, authors' names, institutions and key words are not included in this limit, and those should not be entered in this section.
Abstract texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Background and Aim
- Keywords:Minimum 2 keywords are required, and maximum 6 keywords can be entered. All keywords should be separated with commas and MUST be selected from the Keywords list which can be found HERE.
- Images, tables, diagrams and graphsare NOT allowed.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Please note your username and password for future use. If you forget this information, please get in contact with the Conference Organizing Secretariat at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No edits are allowed after submitting your abstract. If you would like to make any changes to your abstract (allowed until the deadline), please contact email@example.com.
When the submission process is finalized, you will see your abstract under the heading "Submitted Abstracts". If your abstract is not seen there, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Please be aware that the Scientific Committee will not receive "Not-Submitted Abstracts" and these therefore CANNOT be taken into consideration in the abstract evaluation process.
Upon submitting of your abstract an e-mail including the "Abstract Number" and "Abstract Title" will be sent to the submitting author.
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted late-breaking abstracts will be scored and pass through a two-level evaluation process after the submission closes.
First notification letters about acceptance of the abstracts will be sent by June 14th,2021 via e-mail. A second notification about the presentation type, session details will be sent out by the end of May.
Presenting Author and Registration
Please ensure that the e-mail address of presenting author is entered correctly to enable the Conference Organizing Secretariat to communicate the presenting author regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated via e-mail to the abstract’s presenting author.
The abstract presenting author must be registered for the conference at the latest by June 18, 2021.
Abstracts of unregistered presenting authors who do not complete the registration payment by this deadline will be removed from the final program and will not be published in the EHP Journal.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any specific inquiries.
Please note that the late-breaking abstract submission system will close by the deadline, June 4, 2021, 23:59 (EDT, US Eastern Daylight Time / GMT-4). Make sure to check your time difference to determine the submission deadline according to your local time.